View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #2958 (permalink)
kfull
Track Member

Drives: A lot
kfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the rough

Just had my new non res x pipe installed, and it sounds AWESOME. Obviously there is a noticeably higher volume to the exhaust now. I'd estimate there is maybe 40-50% more volume when I'm on the gas. Idling and just cruising at lower rpms it's not bad at all though. Carbon fiber mufflers+ non res sounds so good. I was looking at the connections on the old midpipe to where they connected to the lead pipes and I could see a decent amount of residue kinda melted on from the existing gaskets. The other end that connected to the mufflers was much more clean. Obviously this is from the difference in temperature at the different ends of the x pipe. They guys that installed it said they had no problems and it fit perfectly so I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem. I linked some pics below. Otherwise, everything looks and sounds great and I can't wait to really get on it after I put a few more miles on it to break it in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1025.jpg (790.2 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1026.jpg (794.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1028.jpg (710.9 KB, 29 views)