View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
kfull
Track Member

Drives: A lot
kfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the rough

I'm in mass and I used blizzak lm-60's for the winter. They work great. I always drive super slow in snowy conditions anyways though. They look a little funny on the car because they are so narrow and a square setup but it's not too bad. Last winter I was able to drive through 3ish inches pretty easliy in the driveway, and driving on the road was fine in fresh snow or slush. I actually did get stuck on a hill once, but it was a fairly decent incline and I probably shouldn't have tried it anyways, but luckily I had a buddy with me who was willing to push me up the rest of the hill . The only times you really have to worry driving in snow with the winter tires is the first 24 hours or so after a storm. After that time the plows usually do a good enough job that you don't have to worry at all. Basically just drive cautiously and avoid any big hills. Here is a link to a few pics of my car last winter with the blizzaks on: 2 random pictures of my Z in the snow

Last edited by kfull; 10-12-2013 at 12:11 PM.
kfull is offline   Reply With Quote