View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
schrute
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I noticed your mpg average. I've only averaged 16.9 so far since I got the car last week (still on first half tank of gas) with mostly 45 mph zones with a few lights. Not exactly stop and go, but a good bit of 55 mph country highways too. Is that just my first tank? Perhaps the gas in the car? I would love to get above 18 or 19 mpg.
I wouldn't worry about it until you've run through a couple tanks to see what you get. Who knows what dealers really put in there for your first tank. I ran my first tank through pretty quick with easy miles on the highway mostly to get it out of there.

I'm getting better mileage than I expected to get as I do get on the throttle pretty frequently, but between the opportunities I have to "get on it" most of my miles are pretty easy highway miles going to work and back. The more city driving you do the closer you will get to the EPA's city rating of 18 MPG.

On other Nissan vehicles I've owned I also noticed a bump in gas mileage when I got to about 10k miles. We'll see if the Z shows the same improvement in a few months.

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails

Last edited by schrute; 10-27-2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Corrected EPA city rating from 16 to 18 for the Z, oops.