View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
sixpax
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z NAG 7AT
sixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of lightsixpax is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Running a setup like this recked havoc on my subi for DD. I wouldn't do it. That better direct flow you speak of will kill the MAF readings. Think about it...at 10,20,30,60 mph etc in closed loop throttle the MAF thinks it will see x.xx volts. But a gust of wind blows into the system and spikes the volts and your foot isn't pressing on the throttle hard enough, the system thinks you are pushing harder and adds fuel because of the increased air the MAF saw. The car drives like **** and sputters and hiccups. You can test it by running the car in the driveway and blowing air into the setup from outside the bumper with a air compressor. Needless to say I had to block off the inlet in the bumper.

I wouldn't go SRI unless you vent the hood and bumper inlets need to be off to the sides of the filters unless you have a CAI setup like me or stillen.
Great points, though I never owned a Subi I have no clue what all that techno speak means, beyond that it makes sense.

I must be lucky or driving to slow ... though 125-130 is pretty fast at the end of the main straight at Summit Point ... but have had no issues with the car behaving any differently. The only thing I don't like is the incredible amount of dust that now gets sucked up into the engine bay, which on the one side is good because I know colder air is getting in there, but sucks to keep clean.

Anyway, from a performance standpoint I have noticed none of the things you mention the Subi did.
sixpax is offline   Reply With Quote