View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #57 (permalink)
dcrew1x
Track Member

Drives: Graphite Bullet
dcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond repute

Ok So I installed the front Nismo brace bar (the one in front of the radiator).

Tools needed: socket wrench, extension, 10mm and 12mm socket adapter

If you have the gen3 intakes, there is like no way to install this w/out taking out the front bumper.

No big deal. Took bumper off. You do not have to remove the intakes. I suggest one side of the brace bracket be loose to give you some slack as you line up the holes to the frame of the car on each end.

Like Dustin says, you do remove the 2 black original frame pieces.

The one on the passenger side has some lines connected to it.

Remove the clip holding the lines or just remove the clip like i did. You're gonna have to zip tie or electrical tape those lines to the brace bar itself to keep them from moving around.

Overall installation was pretty easy. Mine took way longer than needed because I didn't have decent tools. An extension for your socket wrench is your best friend for this install; too bad I didn't have one

Ok insert one end of the Nismo brace behind the big aluminum bar that supports the foam bar and align to one end, then align the other end. Once you have the brace lined up, go ahead and tighten the bolts to the frame. Once that's done, tighten down the loose brace bracket and you're set.

From here secure the now loose lines with zip ties or something like I mentioned above and reinstall all components: foam bar and front bumper.

I'll probably tackle the last Nismo brace underneath the vehicle when I have access to a lift. Maybe next weekend.

2009 PG 6MT Sports Stillen Gen3 CAI | Stillen CBE | AMS Short Shifter | Nismo Brace Kit

Last edited by dcrew1x; 10-25-2009 at 07:27 PM.
dcrew1x is offline   Reply With Quote