View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
O&G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anv.
O&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond reputeO&G has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel Return Option

I decided to do a full fuel return system with my built block, 70mm turbo setup with the option to run a surge tank in the future. I haven’t seen much discussion on the topic so I thought I’d share what I’m doing. I originally had a single turbo setup on a stock block, stock fuel system with the CJ Motorsports Fuel Pump Kit and Walboro 255lph pump.

Parts:
• GTM Fuel Pressure Adapter Regulator Kit GTM Motorsports*::*FUEL SYSTEM*::*GTM FUEL PRESS ADPTER REGULATOR KIT
• AEM Adjustable Regulator GTM Motorsports*::*FUEL SYSTEM*::*AEM Universal Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
• Aeromotive Stealth 340lph pump
• CJ Motorsports Fuel Pump Install Kit CJM Fuel Pump Install Kit
• GTM Fuel Pump Voltage Stabilizer Kit GTM Motorsports*::*FUEL SYSTEM*::*GTM FUEL PUMP VOLTAGE STABILIZER KIT
• CJ Motorsports fuel return adapter, this part will delete the stock regulator that sits inside the pump housing
• CJ Motor sports supplied all lines and fittings

I placed a custom order with Charles a/k/a Phunk from CJ Motorsports because I already had some of the parts required for the return system. I’ve been a customer for 8 years and couldn’t ask for a better company to deal with.

I chose to use the stock fuel rails as they are considerably bigger than the VQ35 series rails and should be able to handle the 600-650whp mark. I have Injector Dynamic 850cc injectors, but wishing I went with the 1000cc for an E85 option. I also chose to run an electronic fuel gauge into the cabin from the regulator. In the future if I decide to track the car I have the option of adding a surge tank to the system with larger pumps, etc….

If you’re doing any work on the VQ37VHR fuel system do yourself a favor and read the following:
http://blog.cj-motorsports.com/2009/...-assembly.aspx
It will give you background and instructions on installing basic to full return systems for our platform.

Setup:

Stock Fuel Regulator in Pump Housing:

CJ Motorsports Fuel Pressure Delete Adapter:

Requires “Great Care” trimming the pump housing, being careful not to cut/break into the housing.

CJ Motorsports Fuel Pump Kit & Regulator Delete Adapter:

GTM Fuel Pressure Adapter Regulator(EngineBay), sorry for bad pics:

AEM Regulator mounted with Fuel Gauge Sender Unit:

GTM Fuel Voltage Stabilizer Kit:

I had to fish the fuel return line down through a tight space, but other than that running the line was easy. I ran it with the stock fuel sending line using some P clamps.

I should know if this fuel setup is adequate for my power goals in a few weeks!

Last edited by O&G; 10-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.
O&G is offline   Reply With Quote