View Single Post
Old 09-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #224 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I posted this here before, only off in another thread, but this is what I mean. This is a scan from the excellent book "Think Fast" that covers a lot of race car setup stuff. They're making the case that it's better for the curve to go in the opposite direction of the one in my throttle table. Either way you want the start and end points the same, so the curvature of the graph is all about trading off fine control in one area for lack of fine control (rapid response to input) in another, and the argument is basically that you want more fine control in the low end of the pedal since that's where you're feathering around with traction in mid-corner: