View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
As per FI...resonators make no difference on HP/Power gains...The resonators only have an effect on the cabin noise/sound....the bigger the resonator the quieter it is...keep in mind that the 18" Resonated CBE is still lounder than stock...FI offers a more deeer tone...Going with TP's will give u rasp/hissing noise and give the exhaust a higher pitched sound compared to running HFC's.

TP's will give u more HP but seen mostly on the top...ending up with u losing torque in the low to midrange area...I personally think that HFC's are the best way to go....I mean how often are u gonna be running ur Z on the top end? And honestly would u be running it at high rpms for long durations?
Yes, I 100% already know about the products themselves from Fast Intentions, I'm not asking about resonators. I ran RHFCs paired with an 18" resonators in the xpipe on my G37 for over 2 years. I'm very familiar with the products themselves.

I'm strictly asking TP's vs HFCs, benefits vs cons.

And no, test pipes will actually give you a lower, deeper tone, not higher. Yes they may create a bit of rasp, but that's the intent of having resonators in both the TP as well as the Xpipe IF going w/ that setup.

Thanks though. The TQ factor I'm definitely taking into consideration right now. I felt immediate gains on my G37 when installing the RHFCs, even after already having the catback previously over a year.
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote