View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Did you end up with a new flywheel and pressure plate? Mine wasn't as bad, but there were pieces of the material stuck to the flywheel. It was resurfaced. The pressure plate remained. It's weird when I modulate the clutch pedal in reverse it feels and sounds like the clutch disk clapping with the flywheel. It won't hold pressure consistently or something. I'm running the full face ceramic.
I got the flywheel resurfaced and got a new pressure plate. They took off 0.008" off the surface of the flywheel to get it true again. Could it be that your pressure plate deformed a bit from the heat as well? Mind you you think that if that was the case its holding power would drop off considerably.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote