View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #1814 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Yes people.... Swift Springs will lower your car AND change your negative camber. The rear is too aggressive for most people, but the front camber is only about -1.6 which actually improves the cars handling and has had no effect on my tire wear.

If you want a less aggressive stance and more rear tire life, you will need rear camber arms AND toe bolts. The stock parts do not have the range of movement to allow for the proper correction. You will also need to ENLARGE the oval hole in the frame (both front and back of the toe bolt holes, both sides) to get the proper range of movement for adjustment into spec.

This has been discussed hundreds of times in this thread and others. When you buy the rear camber arms, get the toe bolts at the same time.

I know this thread is long but the vendors should make sure that customers are aware of this when they are selling Swifts.

btw, it is still the best mod I ever made to the car. Performance and handling are amazing.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote