View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #259 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
Sucks that your car is delayed such a sick build you will have a blast once you get it back

That meth reservoir really looks at home there I have to call Sam now and pick up one.
I know they special ordered it, took a few tried to find one that fit and had enough capacity to keep me from refilling it too often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orestp View Post
Hi Firehawk - it's interesting that they had a pulley bearing go - that also happened to me on initial startup and I had to put a washer behind the bearing to provide some clearance between the bearing and the engine - once I got that sorted out (and put everything back together) - put about 100 miles on before the OEM fixed idler pulley began to squeak for the same reason - put a washer behind that one and it's been good since. I have about 1000 miles on it now including one track day & everything seems to be holding together pretty well. Still have more tuning to do which Sam is helping me with.
I'll def keep that in mind, thanks. Glad to see it running well.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Really had no idea you could build a PC with a water pump. Mind Blown! I googled a bunch of your build info and then got drowsy, I wish I knew more about this stuff. Looks rad for sure.
Lol, liquid cooling or watercooling has been around for a good while. Nowadays, you can buy them without having to do anything besides bolt em down. I prefer doing the cooling setup myself. I can personalize it and put my own touch to it, more expensive but it provides superior cooling in comparison to the aforementioned. Now they have rigid acrylic tubes you can shape with a heat gun. Choose a color, diameter and special fittings, and you can have hard lines with permanent angles. It's just as bad as car modding, less expensive but... Tread lightly. Instead of HP numbers, it's overclocking numbers and voltages. Processors, graphics cards, memory, just like a car, the computer needs to be balanced. Here are some of my favorite places to pick up custom pc parts. Newegg.com of course is my go to for main hardware pieces

FrozenCPU.com | 1.877.243.8266 | World's Largest Selection of PC Modification Supplies (cases, lighting, cooling, PSU's, cabling & custom work)

Koolance - Superior Liquid Water Cooling Products (liquid cooling)

MountainMods.com - Custom Computer Cases and Accessories (computer cases)

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote