View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #93 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsurfdirtx View Post
my buddy sent me this today:

"Steveo, the only way to find out whether to run the cats or not is on a chassis dyno. you need to try it both ways. A lot of cam grinders run big over lap on boosted cars. For example on a vw, most all of the good performance cam grinders use 108 degree lobe centers, but with turbos they run an asymmetrical grind and 110 degree lobe centers. Some chevy cam grinders, like Crane use 114 degree lobe centers for supercharged motors, then guys like comp cams...they use 110 degree lobe centers, so with out a dyno it’s any body's guess. Tim"

Does anyone have info on our cams that I can send him? Maybe a link to some hard info about our cams, how vvel works exactly, etc? He's like a father to me, and knows his stuff and wants to help as much as he can. He's built some pretty amazing motors.
I'm not running stock cats, but I have one in my MD Y pipe and a more restrictive exhaust compared to an X or H design. It's a 200cell 3". I also have a resonator too. Ill be posting more results when I get her home and strapped in.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 09-19-2013 at 10:27 AM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote