View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #255 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Uploaded pics of the PC finally. I had to take the Corsair H100i because the water pump was intermittent. It would make an odd noise and I would have to tap the case to make it work. The new one is working like a charm though. I did notice on torquing the screws down that hold the cpu, they are bending and looking crooked. I had an issue where the plate wasn't putting enough pressure to make contact with 1/3 of the CPU, so I retightened them and in the process, they don't look straight anymore, definitely not cross thraded either. I finally settled on 4.5ghz @ 2.75v. 4.6ghz boots, but I felt it unstable, voltage was a bit high and temps were noticeably warmer than the 4.5ghz OC. 4.7ghz was very unstable and I didn't feel the need to push it. For the memory, I bumped it up from 2133mhz 11-11-11-27 2T timings @1.5v to 2400mhz 12-13-13-31 2T @1.65v and it ran flawless. I attempted 11-12-12-31 2T but it wasn't having any of it. I ran some burn in tests, Prime 95'd the CPU, stressed the memory and everything with no reported errors.

I have Windows 8.1 preview running on it. There are a couple minor hiccups I saw, such as the task bar disappearing a couple times. running explorer.exe in task manager fixed it. I was able to hide nearly all the wiring from view except at connection points, but the way the Corsair H100i is setup, there is no way for me to reroute those cables. They're too short to run it along the VRM's and then behind the case. Later on, we'll stencil some stuff on the case to add a feminine touch as it's my Wife's computer. As it sits, it's pretty manly looking with the military colors.

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 09-17-2013 at 06:53 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote