View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
^too much drone? What did you use to help the sound, maybe I'll do the same. But overall, you don't regret buying it do you?
Drone/deep bass got very annoying on a highway trip I made a few weeks back.

I used some products from a place called Second Skin Audio... used their Damplifier (similar to Dynamat) to quell panel resonance and put a layer of their luxury liner pro down on the floor of the hatch to block some of the noise. It's a bit quieter but I really need to do more to knock out more of the drone. I'd probably need to do the floors and the area behind the seats with the sound deadening mat.

I've gotten used to it for the most part. Highways aren't that bad unless you have to be on the throttle a lot (i.e. any hilly or mountainous areas). The exhaust gave the girlfriend bad headaches before the deadening... it's better now for her but we just make sure to take her car when we go on long trips now.

Do I regret the exhaust? I only regret ordering HFCs because the CBE was plenty loud enough for me.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote