View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #240 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

8/26/2013 (combined post) I attached some images of a cat that was supposedly on my car but old pics say it isn't. I bought a resonator last year and I think I received a cat instead. So now I think I have two cats. Sam says a resonator is on the car, but I have a feeling it's still the same cat I had for a while. He said he would swap them for free so it's no big deal whether it's on the car or not. I'm thinking that these numbers are with a hfc in the Y pipe and not with a resonator as he told me. He did use the phrase "I think". Anyways, pics below. I don't have inside pics of the piece on the car, but it is most def a cat when I looked at it a year and a half ago. Top image is the one i think i already had and sill on my car. Bottom is the new one... It's clean as a whistle, no exhaust residue

Edit: Shipped this HFC back to Motordyne and requested a resonator be sent

Edit: I haven't updated my thread in a few weeks, been mostly quiet as I wait for the car to finish up Motordyne was awesome and swapped the HFC they sent last year to me with a resonator upon verifying it was brand new and never used. It was about a one week turn around time. Pics below...

She's a beauty! I'm super excited to test the number differences as well as the sound difference between the two. May need to make a stop at Fry's and pick up a Go Pro and mic setup.

Added pics of the Meth reservoir GTM put in my car. It's located in the hatch just below the strut tower bar. Not sure what the white thing is... most likely a pump of some sort?

Anyways, tentative pickup date is Saturday! Tomorrow they should be finishing up the retuning, the fan module and any other loose ends. We'll see if there will be any more last minute show stoppers! I have this POS Sentra rental I'm dying to get rid of. No cruise control, no cigarette plug in to charge stuff, no key fob, only one key lock on the driver side door, and it sounds like someone stuck a lawnmower on a motorboat with the CVT it has. It's just awful. This time I will upload vids and pics of the Z...

Last edited by SS_Firehawk; 09-12-2013 at 10:51 PM.
SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote