View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fused Ceramic 6 Puck to flywheel?

Was out driving today and went to do a hard launch and instead of the tires letting go the clutch took all the slippage and welded itself to the flywheel. Atleast thats the only thing that makes sense. The clutch will not disengage no matter what I try. I was under the impression that a Ceramic 6 puck clutch could take the launching abuse?

Has anyone ever welded their clutch to the flywheel? Any way to get it unstuck? I have tried locking up the tires from ~7000rpm with no luck. I am really hoping I do not have to pull the trans but if I do I do I guess.

Tried doing some google searches on it and it seems like a pretty rare occurrence to melt a ceramic to the flywheel.

So you Turbo'd guys be careful, I just assumed id slip the clutch but she is stuck good! I read that sometimes if you jack up the rear tires and throw it into a high gear and drop the jack it can be enough of a jolt to free the clutch. Going to go out to a parking lot tomorrow and give that a try. I also read that if you can get it unstuck that usually you are good to go as it will reseat itself. Any truth to this?

Thanks guys.

Mitch
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote