Thread: Clutch tingle?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
vipor
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Makes me wonder if the Z's lack of sound deadening materials has anything to do with the loudness factor, even regarding a noisy throwout bearing . It certainly has to do with the tire noise I experienced on my test drive over some sections of highway. Totally depended on the road surface.
Like most car owners, when I initially heard the sound I rolled the windows down to hear it better. No deadening material involved at all. I don't really like to think about the people I drive by either on the sidewalk, in a parking lot, or driving with their windows down hearing my clutch that loudly. Like I said though, no mechanical issue, then oh well. The occasional rattle from it when pushing in the clutch pedal in 1st is more annoying than the idle noise.

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote