View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 11:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidInIndy View Post
Aaahhh...good to know.

Kinda funny...with how beefy the Camaros are, I thought for sure we could take them. Whenever I chat cars with my neighbor (Mr. Cobra), he voluntarily says that he thinks my car (roadster = the "slow" Z) could take his if it was a track where handling/cornering was involved.

Curious what everybody thought of that comment by him.
Mod's do take in account in what our car can do, but if you have a 10 sec car and a 14 sec driver you really think that car is still going to do 10 sec in the 1/4? Uh NO. We aren't supposed to talk about street racing but here is an example. I have put my car against a manual camaro ss 2011. All I had was k&n drop in air filters and a stillen ud pulley. No contest and I banged every gear on the money. When we pulled in the mcd's parking lot he had exhaust and intake done to his car and asked what I had done. He really thought I had a bunch of mods. To me it is down to the driver, stock 06 gto 6.0 been there done that, 2valve mustangs full boltons, 2000 camaro ss exhaust, n/a cobra with girlfriend in the passenger seat winking at me as I passed by ya did that too and the girl in it that night. So on paper anybody and everything is fast and slow, it's what you do with your vehicle when the time comes is what reality is. Sorry for the rant, but I just find this thread funny to me anything is possible with the right conditions. We have a guy on the forum who ran a stock Z on street tires in 12.9 he can drive his *** off

Too much to list and a baby shot of nitrous....
V8Killer is offline   Reply With Quote