View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
stevent85
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370Z NISMO
stevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nicestevent85 is just really nice
Default Quick review: Fortune Auto 500 and the new Michellin A/S 3

So it was time for new tires as the crappy oem yokohamas finally threaded on me. In pursuit of new tires i was leaning to the Michellin PSS but after calling discount tire to see what they had in stock or could order they mentioned the Michellin Pilot Sport A/S 3. Skeptical about these i did quick search to see what the tire offered. Was impressed with the tire ratings. These tires are all season run flats with a tread wear rating of 500....pretty impressive...and also Z rated. Now dont let the all-season scare you off just yet if youre an avid track junkie. The grip on these tires is just incredible. I have only done some spirited driving with them but no doubt these are some of the grippiest tires ive ever used. They are solid in turns and the only way to make the tire break grip is if you force it to. Launching the car will get VERY limited tire spin. The crappy yokos i had would spin through all of 1st gear and chirp in 2nd. Im not a track junkie so All-season tires appealed to me. But judging from the reviews of various sources (motor-trend, Consumer Reports...etc) these tires can compete with the best and were actually rated no.1 in almost all categories. If you need new tires.....definitely consider these tires!

Now for the Fortune Auto 500 series coils with swift upgrade.

There arent too many people running these coils and its a shame. These took about 3 weeks to arrive as they are build to order. Sounds like a long time but definitely worth the wait. I ordered these oddly enough, 3 weeks before i noticed my tires threading prompting me to get new rubber.....which came in the same day i got my tires! Perfect timing. The packaging of the coils could have been alittle better but wasnt bad. Build is high quality with a very nice finish. Install went smooth. The coils come with break line brackets and new bolts.
First impressions are great! I had the Tanabe sustec pro coilovers on and those coils although great for daily driving, were way too soft. Speed bumps were my worst enemy and my exhaust paid the price for it. Anyways....these coilovers are AWESOME!!! It honestly felt like a new car. Bumps with the swift upgrade are just soaked up like nothing. They are 30 way adjustable. I have it set at 15 right now and its perfect for daily driving. Extremely comfortable. Took it out for a quick spirited run and i felt in control with every turn. Set at 15 there is a slight body roll with aggressive turn ins. With vdc off drifts are very controllable. The suspension handled everything i threw at it with great precision. I'll mess around with the settings sometime soon to test out full hard to provide a more detailed review.

All in all, I am extremely satisfied with Fortune Auto 500's and the Michellin Pilot Sport A/S 3's. Money well spent.

Sorry if the images are big. Submitting this through tapatalk on my phone.

Last edited by stevent85; 09-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.
stevent85 is offline   Reply With Quote