View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #87 (permalink)
Shutterjock
Base Member

Drives: 370z NISMO (2010)
Shutterjock is on a distinguished road
Default Master and Slave replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcherry20 View Post
I'm wondering if we shouldn't compile case numbers in one place so that we have some power when one of our members encounters a dealer who balks the repair/warranty?
Not sure that should be publicly available but maybe one member could be the admin for that info?
Thoughs?
I too am seeing the early signs of failure. Already started a case file w my dealership. Now I'm getting worried.
Just picked up my "baby" from the dealership after they replaced both the slave and master cylinders. Both were covered under the warranty which, in my case, doesn't run out until August of next year (2014). I have a 2010 NISMO I bought in 2011 new. It's warranty was three years or 36K miles -- I have just shy of 20K on it now.

Anyway, there were no obvious problems they saw with either part but erred on the side of caution and replaced both. Could have been an interior seal (?).

As an aside, what you end up noticing prior to failure is an inconsistent feel pressure wise in the clutch pedal (or at least I did). I also briefed up the guys at the dealership who, and they seemed legit, said they haven't had anyone stop by with the same issue and they've sold quite a few.

I will, however, replace both with a high-end version should we head down the same road again.

Aside 2: Also bought a set of four OEM Advanc Sport tires since mine were on the verge of shredding after nearly 20K miles. They're having a deal on them right now apparently -- buy 3, get one for a $1.
"No Matter Where I Go, There I Am"
Shutterjock is offline   Reply With Quote