View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about
Default perhaps I was a bit rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
Most drag set ups will not need a rear sway bar but I quote from a member who commented on one of my posts " However, street cars without a cage can and will benefit from sway bars. My buddy put a rather large rear sway bar on his 10 second camaro street car and it had a positive affect on launching a car. But, that car also makes 500 wheel torque and twists the whole chassis off the line. Our cars will probably not net the same results. " I was just looking for anything that could help with my launching.

In the end I was just looking for some help/advice and experience in this area, so if you don't want to help or as you say "I find it hard to believe your posts & I'm not going to continue with them." then that is fine as well I would rather have that then the reply you just posted about everything I SHOULD KNOW or DON'T UNDERSTAND and no explanation. This forum is about getting help from people who share the same interest i.e. the 370z in every aspect whether it be body kits or sound systems. It's okay to be wrong but to be judged for not having the information or being poorly informed is just down right ugly of you.

I also apologize to the Moderators if I have violated any rules with my reply as I know posting is a privilege not a right.
There are so many posts about modding cars yet as you can see no one responds to posts on actually using those mods for what they were intended for.
Once I saw an import car with it's hood open exposing/showing a ton of pipes/modifications/turbo. I was impressed so I walked over to the owner and asked how quick his car was? He looked down at me & said "I don't race it". Soon it started to rain, yet the hood stayed open for a long time. I scratched my head and realized that some people spend many thousands building cars just to open the hood

You're one of the few into drag racing. That's refreshing & I'm just not used to it. I'll just say two things then stop my past type of talking. GT-r's are all wheel drive automatics Yes N/A cars NEED 4:08 gears, but your car is/will be far from N/A. Now I'm done

Not to waist your high H.P car you have to use slicks & drag racing wheels. I believe mine are on 15" wheels. Anyway wheels come & should be 15" or 16" to match slicks that are produced. Reason for that is that slicks have thin side walls and much rubber, as apposed to being thin. That's because the more rubber = more rubber taking the brunt of the take off, as apposed to spinning the tires or putting that pressure on the chassis.

To do that you can't use bigger, heavier, after market brake discs & calipers. First the wheels have to fit, second heavy after market discs are build for road racing or of course for showing to friends but heavier/bigger discs, just like heavy wheels rob car's H.P.
Good luck with your venture.

Last edited by andre12031948; 08-30-2013 at 08:33 AM.
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote