View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Do you respect the creativity and work of this guy? Do you think it reflects well on his personality?

This reminds me of those silly 4AM half-drunk pseudo-philosophical conversations you have at Denny's when you're like 23 about supposedly-unanswered questions like, "What is or isn't Art?". There's such a thing as taste. The car above isn't art, it's tasteless and silly. If you want to argue 23-year-old-philosophy about the subject, try Denny's, but at the end of the day you won't convince me the above car isn't tasteless and silly. When I see a Z sitting on the ground with wheels sticking out at funny angles, it reminds me of cars like the one pictured above.

Somehow some aspects of racecars became cool to emulate, and then the emulation got ridiculous because it was disconnected from the reality. By following a trend that's very indirectly emulating a racecar, people do things to their cars that actually make them handle worse than stock, or make them ridiculously unsafe and/or unreliable. There's no redeeming value in that.