Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #624 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Still making small bits of progress on various things here and there, mostly waiting to get the cage done before I move on to other post-cage items. A friend and I spent several hours yesterday on this little project:

We took my 330mm Sparco wheel and installed a couple of buttons in it, to be wired for 7AT down/up-shift (red on left for down, green on right for up). It was a huge pain in the *** to figure out the first button (how to cut through the suede/plastic/foam neatly and then drill the switch barrel hole in the underlying metal and get everything mounted), but the second button only took like 30-45 minutes start to finish once we knew what we were doing. A drill press helps a lot. Buttons came from Mouser, it's the round ones from this datasheet: http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/204/Series_59-10372.pdf . They have a really nice feedback feel on push and seem pretty stout. Going to use the same ones (but in black+green) for my dash-panel-mounted uprev map switch buttons.