Thread: Project RB-Z
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #304 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmlove View Post
when u started the VQ swap i was all against it.. but i was sure that u had a point of view..

now i understood why u went with the VQ. a wise decision. more particular less wight.

but again, if am were you i would choose SR20DET.. coz its weight less than the RB and it can hold up to 350+HP with stock internals, installation will be much easier. and the engine is shorter than the RB, so weight distribution is better.

I really enjoy browsing your builds bro.. and cant wait to see the result.
Thanks man, SR20DET is almost same weight as VQ30 +-50lbs, but then 6 cyl and quad cams sounds better along with availability of parts freely available here, SR20 is not so common here.

Coming to power running everything stock, its gives 300hp on 2-3 psi boost and goes upto 380 on 11-12psi max you can go on stock turbo is around 14 only. Have seen some built pushing upto 550WHP with only upgrading the turbo rest stock block so future potential is there if needed which honestly I doubt will go that route on this car.

As previous wheels offsets with fender flares was not pretty aggressive had to run big spacers so I did sell those in Feb and ordered a similar set with aggressive offsets and custom bronze lip through Ravspec. finally after 5 months these reach Dubai yesterday.

Work CR01 15 X 9 - 28 and 15 x 10 -28, with custom bronze anodized lip, Sorry for crappy phone pics but these look so sick in person at times you dont want them to put on the car and make these dirty lol

Unfortunately wont be installing these at the moment as Z got sponsored from Atara Racing and they sent their wheels more like Watanabe Reps with square setup 15 x 10.5 -32 and those also reached yesterday what a timing , Once car is all done and running again thee CR01 will go on the car.

Z at the moment getting radiator custom brackets and intercooler piping done will post some updates in coming days.
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote