View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
forza370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2009 NISMO 370Z
forza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to beholdforza370z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus View Post
Read the thread you guys suggested which was mostly about fuel starvation – not planning to hit sweeping corners much. Knew about the steering lock which was factory recall right & I should have no problem getting replaced? Hatch release sounds quirky but whatever. Thin paint is not good in the deep south where every little nick would rust.

More concerning is CSC failure– how many miles on car? Have had to do eventually on all my cars – RX-7 twice. When replaced is it good for the long haul?

The clutch jitter is the biotch of a concern for me as can be really annoying. Reading forum previously, it almost sounds like a particular car is “born w/ it” or not. WTF? IMO a car this sophisticated should not have aftermarketish clutch/plate issues – period. Been there, done that.

So what else? I really want to know about the quality of this machine as I plan on a long relationship.
Even if you get a bimmer or audi you will have problems here and there. CSC failure will be covered under the powertran warranty. Steeling lock issue has bypass fixes. Fuel starvation can be avoided by not leave the gas tank empty. Manuel transmission on this car is not that smooth but you will get used to it. Try auto and see if you like it or not. We don't know what your expectations are. But I am happy with mine. It's a sports car. Noisy, bumpy but fun to drive. My next suggestion would be go out and test drive one see how you like it.
09 PW 370z Nismo | K&N Drop Ins | HKS Hi Power | Berk HFCs | Work Meister S1 3P | Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome Lug Nuts | KW V1 | SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts | Southbend Stage 3 daily clutch | Southband 19Ib Steel Flywheel | ZSpeed CSC
forza370z is offline   Reply With Quote