View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
kfull
Track Member

Drives: A lot
kfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the roughkfull is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Unfortunately no, there's not option that allows you to do that (at least for this version). I do not know if the newer version of the vb supports that either (I doubt it bc I "feel" that after vb 3.8, it all went to crap. I do not like the new 4 interface at all.) It would be an awesome feature if they can integrate it like facebook where you can type a name with @ (i.e. @kfull) and it will link the username and notify that user. BUT I personally think that'll never happen. Why? because it will drain the living sH*t out of the server. Imagine a forum with 100,000 members with thousands of posts being made daily (hundreds per hour)? All those user notifications will freeze up the software or drain the resource at a significantly higher rate. But hey, I'm not giving up on hope. Maybe they will have something similar. I mean, we currently have a "like" system that's specific user based.

Thank you for you suggention

PS: Epic avatar btw
Yea I figured it would just be tough to integrate, especially on an active forum like this.