Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #618 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I may check them out. I saw another cage that was done well locally over at Bumbera's as well. I think early this week I'm gonna swing by both places and at least get a quote and see how they are. But the guy in Dallas might end up beating them on price by enough that it's worth the drive, and his quality looks good as well. We'll see how it all goes

I got the car put back together enough for a test drive today, and everything went well. Nothing fell off or caught fire or failed to work I still haven't done my center-dash-area panels for various switches and gauges and whatnot, I just taped the engine start button in place and taped the other wires out of the way for now. I also ended up running my catch can back through the firewall and putting in the interior (also just taped up for now, not properly mounted), I think I like that setup for a number of reasons.

I can confirm now that the Evo2 16-cell battery starts the engine fine. In fact, I think it actually cranks the engine better than my PC680 did (some of that may be due to the huge positive cable run on the PC680 from the trunk area, vs having the Evo2 right up in the stock location on very very short cables).

Pic of the dash area in the current in-progress state that I test-drove it in (well, and you can see the battery cover and the Evo2 charger through the window - I was using them to check out the battery's charge state after):