View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
schrute
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about

First Oil Change was done on 9/1/09 at 1346 miles.

AK's Oil Change DIY was a big help. I've been changing my own oil all of my adult life, but even if it had been my first time AK's DIY would have made it easy. Thanks AK!

For anyone thinking about changing your own oil for the first time, check out AK's DIY and do it! You'll develop a bond with your car that you didn't have before by taking care of it yourself

I used Mobil 1 5W30 (which you can get anywhere) and a Purolator Pure One filter (part# PL14610, which is a little longer than the PL14612 that Purolator recommends for the Z). No reason not to go with the bigger filter which has more filter material to clean the oil and fits no problem. I got the filter at Pep Boys.

Always use a new crush gasket on the oil pan drain bolt when changing your oil. They're cheap!

My Z at stock height doesn't scrape at all on these ramps - they work great.

Stuck oil filters are no problem for this tool. It's also handy for giving the filter the last 1/4 turn after hand tight when installing.

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails