View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #5796 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Dunno if I would go that far

Can I ask what you used to paint the dipstick? I have been meaning to do that for a while now, but I never convinced myself that the color match paint I have would stand up to the heat in the engine bay. That color looks excellent IMO and even if it doesn't quite match, I really like the industrial look and finish of it

Did you use the Nanoskin Autoscrub instead of clay?

Was is at a slow enough pace to confuse your Z as well?
I had a can of krylon sitting around. I doubt the paint will withstand the heat of the engine bay... We'll see.

I used a CarPro Polyshave towel. Autoscrub has their version as well. Even better is the CarPro Polyshave block. Easier to use, and I would have used it if I wasn't waiting for it to arrive in my latest order.