View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
schrute
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about

Didn't want the rear spoiler (I really like the lines on the rear of the car without it) or the 19's (although they have since grown on me) so I opted against the sport package.

Wouldn't mind everything else the sport pack comes with (BBK, LSD, SRM) - Oh well. LSD is on my list, BBK on there too if I decide to track it (won't happen soon with winter coming - do any BBK's fit with 18's?).

Wheels were the next mod. A friend of a friend had these wheels sitting in his garage that I picked up for a steal (his Z33 having been sold sometime before):

Racing Hart CP-F Tune R
18x9 +23 F
18x10+23 R

Coming from a Z33 the offsets aren't perfect but they are very close. The fronts are flush with 245/45 rubber (stock rears moved to the front). The rear wheels are inset about 10mm. I was going to put spacers on the rear but put 295/35 rubber instead (went with Yokohama Advan Sports to match the fronts). The rear rims aren't flush but the tires are dead level with the fenders. With a narrower tire a spacer would have been necessary but not with the 295's. The stagger is a bit much, I know. I may go back to 275/40's when these wear out and space the rears. Or I may get 19's down the road - time will tell.

For now I really like these rims on the Z. They are a relatively light wheel, and I like the two-tone look and the (stepped) lip.

The valve stem holes had to be drilled out a bit to accept the TPMS but it was worth it to turn off that light on the dash, the blinking for the first couple miles every trip without the TPMS mounted got annoying.

295/35's:

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails