View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

I really liked mine from the first batch, too. Top-notch seller/shop, good support, works as advertised!

I was at a point where I could starve the car on my favorite track with just 3 dots blacked out at the top of the gauge. So I'd usually fill up after every session, maybe sometimes I'd get risky and fill up every other session if the track/direction didn't involve a long right-hand sweeper. Now I just fill the car in the morning and run all day. I've finished up my final sessions south of the 1/4 tank mark multiple times now and never had an issue.

Saves time not re-fueling between sessions/classes, saves worrying about the starvation on-track if you didn't have time to top up after a session, etc.

Also, a gallon of gas weighs about 6 lbs. Our tank holds about 19 gallons, so full fuel load is 114 lbs. So that's 57 lbs gone from the car if you start your runs at 1/2 tank instead of full, or 86 lbs gone from the car if you start at 1/4 (which is doable for a 20-minute HPDE session, but any longer and you might actually run out of fuel).