Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM   #616 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that project's hopefully a long ways off (famous last words!).

Right now the car's undergoing a lot of change as it is. I feel like I have 10 different projects on it in a half-complete state, and I really don't know if it will be track-ready again in time for the planned Sept 29th TDE event.

I'm done gutting interior wiring and have started cleaning up the remainder with new conduit, etc. The steering member is out for cleanup, but I haven't done that yet (cut off excess brackets, sand, paint). I've sorted out the wiring logic and layout for the new center-dash controls (stock start button + hazard button, future remote killswitch, uprev map-switch buttons, on/off for RaceKeeper, on/off for gauge alarms) and gauges (just oil pres and trans temp for now, using stock oil temp still...), but haven't actually wired that stuff or assembled the panel(s). I still need to run a new battery feed to my second fuel pump relay through the new harness layout. I still need to hook up the Evo2 battery with some 4-gauge cable and the existing breaker.

The doors are gutted and the glass is out. Need some kind of strap handle solution for the interior handle cables. Would like to have some pop-in Lexan just for rain protection when the car's parked, but I doubt I sort that out during this sprint of work. Exterior trunk latches are kinda in the same boat - I can live without them for now but it would be nice to get it done as well.

Still waiting on the final bit for the new seats (driver's side base, backordered...). Steering wheel + QR hub is on the car (but I haven't wired up my planned shift buttons on the wheel itself - that can always be left for later as the paddles are still there too). Still need to sort out the last bits of the current cooling system (either switch to the 2013 tank setup or replace my radiator cap). And then get it to Dallas and have a guy weld in a rear cage, and weld in the harness mounts, and paint the cage. Oh and swap out my fluids again.

And I have a two week trip out of town in the middle of September, so there's that in the way :P

It'll be worth it in the end, but the timing of this hypothetical "end" is a little fuzzy right now...

Last edited by wstar; 08-13-2013 at 11:36 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote