View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #609 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
That happened to me also. I loosened all the bolts in the exhaust n put a block of wood under the exhaust to raise it up off the crossmember then tightened the bolts. Then removed to block of wood. It didn't rattle after I did that. The washer mod iv heard of others doing and it seemed to work. Let me know how it turns out.
It doesn't rattle at all, it just transmits a ton of vibration/resonance into the cabin at low RPM. More than normal (ridden in a couple Grip V2 cars,) since it's like the exhaust is bolted directly to the car versus being isolated by the rubber hangers. I think once I get it to clear it will get rid of that solid connection and it will go back to just exhaust sound and not exhaust vibration + sound.

We did jack the center section up when we tightened the bolts but it ended up resting on the brace once we dropped the jack. Hopefully I can get it fixed today or tomorrow. It does sound really good, it's just a little annoying at the moment.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote