Thread: Project RB-Z
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #302 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
Crazy how much work is needed to use a V6 in that car. Guess the pushrod V8's people like to drop in are narrow enough that you don't have to monkey with the steering linkage as much.

I'd probably have stuck with the RB engine, but I'm probably biased since I'm building one for a S14 right now. :P
There is a bit of a work in the cross member as oil pan hitting it which iwas easy to do, the main problem came with keeping the AC compressor along with power steering. Lots of VQ35 swaps have been done but majority of those were in US and running without AC.

RB was damn good engine but 250lb weight saving ifs huge in engine bay and specially its more of a mid engine ship now. Maybe in S14 and other cars you dont feel that much nose dive but in Z it was quiet a lot, on top of that reliability is more with VQ I guess lets see how it drives fingers crossed.
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote