View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_G View Post
What dampening setting you running?

I recently turned the dampening up to 1 click below full stiff on mine. I had driven almost a year with them somewhere in the middle. Damn it feels like a new car now. Stiff enough to provide good feedback on the road but not bone jarring at all.
For now I just kept them right in the middle on "0". I figured once I do my first Auto-X event I'll start playing with the adjustment. I believe its....20 clicks both ways? So you're 1 click off the stiffest? The rear of the Z seems the be the one place where it feels "floaty", even after installing my sways. I might play with this next weekend when I get back to MN. I'm actually at the Fast Intentions shop here in Cali right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XwChriswX View Post

I'm just trying to find someone with KW's who has done the "drill mod" to gain access to the upper adjustment point without having to remove all the rear trim.
To do this, you would need an extension of some sort to reach up through the trim. I saw a photo of another kit to do this, but I don't believe I've ever seen it run on KWs.

I was actually looking into getting a rear strut bar(GT SPEC), which you need to actually cut the trim to allow fitment anyways, which would still give me access to the adjustments.

Dampening on the bottom is right on the bottom of the strut which is pretty easy to access if you don't mind laying on the ground.
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote