View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
OP, how much oil was on your undertray? If you are leaking about 2qts between oil changes you'll know just by looking at the undertray. From the pics, it looks like there is some oil on the A/C compressor. I'm thinking when the dealer was pouring in oil they spilled a little, since the oil cap is right above that area. I'm still thinking you have oil consumption problems.

*looked at picture again.. could be a leak from the valve cover as well...
there was a small amount on the undertray but there were large amounts of oil buildup everywhere on the lower half of the engine which shows that its been sitting there for a while. i'm not gonna rule out oil consumption completely, but at this point it's at least confirmed a leak.

after cleaning up what i could, n inspecting it during the day, my educated guess is that it could be a faulty seal on the headgasket. there's oil coming all the way down from there.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote