View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Burnt rear bumper foam driving straight piped

So with the help of my friend, we took off the muffler on my exhaust to torch my tips for the burnt look. Short story, failed miserably. Took a while and a lot of elbow grease to polish it all off with metal polish and steel wool. Before putting it back on, I took a drive (in Mexico) and did 3-5th gear pulls. Needless to say, it sounded extremely loud and sounded like @ss. It was fun, though. Sounded kinda racecar. The exhaust notes were all over the place. Giving it gas to roll off, it sounded dumb loud n like @ss all the way up to 3k. Staying at 3k, the harmonics or whatever is going on in the piping is sort've quiet. From 3.5k to redline, it's a loud mess. I wish my car would idle like how it does straight piped though. There's this nice aggressive pulsing sound. While under the car to put the muffler back on, we noticed the rear bumper foam piece was burnt probably from the backfire flames and heat. The ricer in me loves backfire so I wish I had a friend record my exhaust shoot fire. Lucky the plastidip saved my paint.
Yes, cool story bro, I know.
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!

Last edited by wdkwang; 08-06-2013 at 03:23 AM.
wdkwang is offline   Reply With Quote