View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
How much reinforcement are we talking? Would just the usual endplates on a normal cage setup be sufficient, or do you mean reinforcing all around the top?

FWIW I'm using the JRZ RS1 package that Forged put together (which is JRZ's entry-level - single-adjust without external reservoirs, but they are true coilovers in the rear). Forged's spring setup on those is 11.5k + 9k. Feels pretty nice to me, but the car is still very much at a street level of setup (in that most of the rest of the suspension is stock, and I'm on high-treadwear street tires and no aero mods). I'm guessing I'll ramp up the spring rates later as I add other stuff to match. I run the Hotchkis sways too, lately using the stiffest setting in the rear (but I'd probably back that off a notch or two if I wasn't losing front grip to camber issues...).
reinforcement detail is something best decided by a experience chassis fabricator, which is what im going to do when i look to do such modification myself. Martin is most likely going to go to my guy for the same safety mods and possible rear tower strengthening .

Yeah i recommended the rates to try and get martin back onto his stock rear bar, but to also prep for a rear wing, and 100ish treadware R comps. The high(ish) front rates are to hlep compliment Martin's square setup (18x10.5/285) and the smallish front whiteline sway bar. The 13-14k front ate should work well with Martin's cornering force, and the 370s front weight bias, also the VQ37 motor has some what of a high CG.
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote