View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #373 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
well i dont think im pointing out anything outrageous
the point in getting an auto is for comfort and ease when driving, not worrying when to shift, ect.

now if you're shifting the automatic 24/7
why even get the automatic in the first place?
kind of see my point here

nothing against auto owners, different strokes for different folks but i personally just dont see the point in getting an automatic just to shift it like a manual and play pretend all the time(this only applies to people who keep their automatic in M mode 24/7)

what is this work you speak of?
I dont have to work to drive my car around, imo its just as easy as driving an auto

It's really not just as easy. There's a clutch pedal. The point of getting an auto and putting it in M-mode 24/7 is you get the driving benefits of a manual (being able to select the correct gear, which a normal auto in Drive never gets right for performance driving), but you don't have to be a heel-toe wizard to get smooth shifts. SRM on our 6MTs negates the heel-toe thing anyways, but still - why have one more pedal to worry about operating delicately to get the same result?

Quote:
plus im not brain dead like 99.99% of every other automatic driver
See, it's comments like these that turn this from a friendly debate into a "**** you you're not like me" sort of war.