View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
hummm..40K is still young. but you drove pretty hard. i suppose it could be the CSC. i would just get the aftermarket unit and replace it for good if it turn out to be the CSC. might be a good time to swap clutch too since you track your car?

@ nismo and GTR laps
40K is nothing... I should be able to get 150K miles on the stock clutch using SRM. I usually drive easy (not necessarily slow, but I don't gun it everywhere) but when I do get on it, it's pretty hard with high revs and fast corners. The problem is I think the CSC has to be replaced every time the transmission is dropped - I cannot confirm whether this is true or not with the Z1 CSC. If that's the case and it's not covered under Nissan warranty, I can use my 3rd party 100K mile warranty and get a new clutch and new CSC for $500 deductible. If covered by Nissan, I'll just get their CSC (they won't replace the clutch under warranty) and then when it fails again, I'll have more miles and hopefully close enough to needing clutch replacement that I'll go ahead and do the aftermarket replacement. I don't plan on doing lots of tracking or anything. The Nismo Performance Academy was a fairly sudden opportunity, and I jumped on it. Worlds of thanks to Mr. Gurneyeagle for hooking me up with one of his friends as their guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
Damm i want to do that too drive a 2013 NIsmo and a GTR that have to be priceless
It was unreal! There is a thread somewhere with pics and videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitos_370z View Post
BTW what are the TEMP of the oil that the car enter in limp mode??? and whats mean CSC ???rember im still a newbie
Well I know the engine starts pulling timing somewhere around 250F oil temps (not sure exactly where or how much), but full limp mode is like 300F and you can't rev past like 3500 RPMs or something.

CSC = clutch slave cylinder. A common failure in the manual Zs.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |