View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #717 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
^^^

Are you refferring to the battery chipswithdips posted ? Also did you guys buy the tender aswell...
Yes (and thanks for the install pics Chips, it helps!). I went ahead and got their little digital balance charger too, because the car spends a fair amount of time shut off between events or during electrical work, and it's not impossible that I'll sometimes have battery drain going on as well just from shoddy temporary work or mfg issues (last time, it was my datalogger was draining the battery when it was "off", if I didn't physically disconnect it from car power).

I haven't gotten around to testing it in my car (waiting until I finish the other electrical work), but from what I've seen so far of the specs and the battery itself, I think it'll work great in my car, but keep in mind my car's electrical system is pretty minimal at this point (I've gutted over half of the factory wiring harness - no a/c, no radio, no airbag system, etc). It's probably borderline on a stock car unless you're very diligent about not draining it with the engine off, and/or putting a trickle charger on it all the time.