View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
I was thinking this morning while driving my Z to work of how much golf is like manually shifting the Z. If you play golf, you know the awesome feeling you get when you hit the ball on the sweet spot of the club. Unfortunately this is all too infrequent for most of us high handicappers but when it happens, it just feels so good and prevents you from throwing all your clubs into the water after most shots. Manually shifting the Z is very similiar. I think there have been enough threads on this forum where many people find shifting the Z an art rather than a science. I've had my Z long enough so that most of my shifts are pretty smooth but there still are times, especially if I'm a little tired when it seems that I just learned how to drive a manual transmission. During those times, I ponder the unthinkable......selling the Z to get something more forgivable when shifting or getting an automatic. But then, just as I hit that one perfect golf shot from hitting the sweet spot on the club, I hit the sweet spot on the clutch of my Z and wonder what the heck I was thinking of even pondering such a crazy thought of selling it. I still have my clubs, and I still have my Z!
I too thought you were comparing.

I dunno golf but i know exactly how you feel there are times when i shift and its like buttery awesome. I get all impressed and think im awesome then stall it at the next light.