View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #881 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Took the Z to work last night On the way home I did some troubleshooting. I have a ticking noise coming from behind the instrument cluster area only when I get in boost. I had a feeling it was the solenoid from my boost controller because I have it mounted to the metal surrounding the brake booster, this is in line with the area the noise is coming from. Anyhow, an easy test was to turn the boost controller off, thus bypassing the solenoid, good news, no noise. So... I have three options, 1. Live with the ticking noise when I use the boost controller, 2. Move the solenoid, or 3. Isolate the solenoid from the metal in the existing location.

In other news I ran over a piece of tire debris on the highway. I had to straddle it to minimize potential damage. Good news is the body work is a-ok, bad news is it hit something under the car. I'll need to get under the car to investigate but I believe everything will be ok. The car sounds and drives the same otherwise