View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
NelsonV
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo 2013
NelsonV is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Are you having the dealership do the install? If not then even with the Stillen they will throw a fit.

Best option, with either Stillen or GTM (or any forced induction) is to get to know your dealer. Find out what they will or won't warranty if you go boost, I was lucky and was able to get almost anything replaced on my car while my warranty still existed until 3 years. There are good and bad dealerships, just have to find the right one.
Thanks for the advice but I spoke with the ex-Service Manager for the Nissan Distributor for the Caribbean, and he said all factory warranty shops will revoke the warranty as soon as they learn I increase HP by forced induction. Is because of a law here in PR to avoid lemon used cars in the market.

His advice was to enjoy the car stock for the time been.

I have two options since I plan to install the supercharger with my brother in law who has a CIVIC SI 2006 Turbo installed by himself: 1) Buy GTM's Supercharger kit and keep record of how to take out all the mods in case I have a situation with the engine or 2) Buy Stillen and the optional warranty.

To be honest, I like the looks and performance of GTM's now better but...
NelsonV is offline   Reply With Quote