Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #598 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Was going back and reviewing old data and logs and whatnot. It's really crazy to compare back to the last weekend before the coilover switch. Don't get me wrong, the coilovers feel awesome and are a big improvement, but driving this setup without the requisite front camber adjustment has really hurt in the overall. It just destroys the outside edges of front tires and the front doesn't grip like it should, forcing other setup changes and driving habits, etc. I really do have to fix that before my next time out. If SPL's arms aren't ready, I'll buy cheap ones and mod them to hold their settings or whatever.

For comparison to the recent video a few posts up, this video was from just before the coilovers went on, and it was my first weekend at this track, whereas the one above is one I'm very familiar with now. When I watch this video I see a much better version of my driving than the more recent runs, even though I've really picked up some raw skill in the interim. The car was just much more natural and easy to feel through things when I could use all the front tire:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-PuW8yy58