Thread: Touchy Clutch
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute
Smile numbers? & shudder<G>

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Can you provide us the part number used for the replacement? My clutch action has been getting more erratic like my 350Z. The cooler weather is making it worse. Plus, it feels like it needs bleeding.
Sorry, I have no idea what the numbers are.. I just saw the parts and the difference between them. My guess is the numbers will be the same, probably just an engineering change number for that part number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicobra1 View Post
Wow, I wonder if they will replace it for me that easy, I've been to 2 dealerships early on and they both said it was normal. :-( I've got 12K on the car now, and just gave up on the dealers. That sound is really embarrassing, most everyone that drives in my car comments on it and it really takes the enjoyment out of driving it.

So, are you saying that the shudder/rattle is completely gone? or is it just less noticeable?
You need to try another dealer. Keep on them since it is not normal.

Yes the shudder is gone when you start off from a dead stop and the shift into 2nd is clean also. The clutch pedal no longer has that over center feeling that it had with the OEM slave in place.