Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #597 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Wow! Nice.

Why is the driver's carpet still in? Don't want to have to fill in the hole?
Yeah, the driver's carpet and the foam underneath seem to be sort of an integral part of the stock dead-pedal and maybe the accel pedal setup? It'll go eventually, but maybe not in this round of work. Depends how fast I get through all the other little fabrication jobs.

Thanks for all the advice, guys, it's appreciated. A lot of misc things won't be done at all on this round of work (like above), including stuff like the windshield and a final solution for the doors and door glass, etc. Mostly I'm just trying to get quickly done with the basics to gut the forward interior + airbags, put in the custom dash panel, and put in a cage + seats + harnesses and get back on-track. Then the other stuff can be done as smaller projects between events from there. The initial cage install could be rear-only as well, pending dealing with doors, doorglass, handles, etc...

Definitely with you on being afraid of the wiring and careful. The first plan is just to trim back to where all the excess harness is exclusively along the horizontal steering member and still attached to the major ECU/BCM/whatever modules (so killing all the small wiring going up the sides of the car and through the center console area, etc for simplification). I'll make the call on the final really tough bits at some later date.