View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Drex
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 370z MB 6MT SP
Drex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to allDrex is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
That sucks dude. I wouldn't consider that friend a friend anymore if he recommended a shop for your Z that does poor work and abuses a customer's car

It also sounds like you dealt directly with the other person's insurance company. I always file a claim with my own insurance company and let them deal with the other person's insurance. When I file a claim through my own insurance, they are the one who pays the body shop. So if I'm not satisfied with the work, I can inform my insurance company who will deal with the body shop. I can choose to have them fix the work, or I can go to a different shop altogether. Either way, the insurance company goes to bat for me against the shop that screwed up.
usually that means you have to pay your deductible to your insurance company. if you go through the other party's insurance, then no deductible (assuming they were at fault).