View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan370z View Post
his 342 is STD number which are higher than SAE.

I will let Mike speak about about this but I will still add my small opinion on this.
that number of 342whp STD is plausible and when he shared his number with us, I did a research with others known high number on the forum (similar mods).

its all depend what component you have and the tuner.
I know when he got his 342.. Z1 had access to the Uprev beta for the VVEL adjustability , they did said they played with this . but gain were very limited.

also remember his Z is 6MT instead of 7At like yours, should have a few whp different right there.

the trick is to not have a too big exhaust like double 70mm as example from what I gathered.
Mike was smaller if I remember correctly.
i've looked and havent found many Z's over 330whp besides that fake 403whp one. (some 330WHP were on dyno with tweaks to make numbers bigger i believe) anyone can change variables and have higher numbers not saying this with mike's. just saying i know it can be done easily lol

my exhaust is 2.5" which is only 63.5mm

7AT does have around 15-20% more loss of power through the gear box from what i've read. i mean if you add those in i'd be much higher than him or anyone so i find it hard to believe it's that high of a difference given my mods.i'm guessing it's more like 10% difference.

soooo they used software only a few shops have access to. lucky bastards lol

i just want to see how headers/secret z1 intake mod/and beta software jumped him 18whp more than me. possible point me in the direction of future mods to beat those numbers lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote