View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Had a similar thing happen to me a couple years ago. My fiance and I already have 4 cats and a dog, all in door. A renting neighbor suddenly had to move as the owner foreclosed without notice and the renter left his cat behind. It stayed in the neighborhood wandering around. We noticed that it was very friendly and it even started joining us on walking the dog. No joke, we would walk the dog around the block and the cat would walk the entire way with us staying 2ft in front of the dog. If we stopped, she stopped. It was the cutest thing. Having already so many animals we couldn't take on yet another so we built it a shelter in the backyard and feed it daily as our own. When we finally bought our own house a year later we had to decide if we either brought it with us and risked exposing the cat to new unknown areas, said screw it and brought in the house with the rest, or found it a new home. We called around and finally found a Petsmart to take it as long as we paid to spay it before hand. So we took it to a local vet, paid 15 bucks to spay it, then took it to Petsmart for adoption.

The problem with animal shelters, humane society, Petsmart, etc is that they are all over run with animals needing homes. Trying to get an animal in is not easy and will take a lot of work on your end. You will have to make many calls, be aggressive in trying to get someone to take the cat, and in the end may even have to pay a few bucks to make it happen. It took me about 2 months before I finally convinced someone to take her. You have to plead the case and not just make it sound like your are trying to dump the animal. Lastly, you will have to touch animal. No one is going to come and get it. Borrow or buy a cat carrier as well as you will need it for transport.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote